Monday, July 25, 2005

Pinhead Wiki

I recall reading an article about how Wikpedia -- the open source Encyclopedia -- seems like a really cool idea (e.g. anyone can post about anything) until you realize that free expression is a two-way street (e.g. anyone can delete whatever you post). In practice, this article noted, a cadre of "Wiki Geeks" had arisen and appointed themselves the guardians of what is worthy of inclusion in Wikpedia. Too bad I can't remember where I read it or I would provide a link.

Why am I raising this topic? Well, it turns out that a couple of Knights are trying to include an entry about the Knights Errant in Wikpedia but the "Geeks" are fighting back. I encourage all members of the chess blogosphere to leave a comment in support of the Knights on the "Votes for Deletion" page.

Here are all the related links:



No comments: