Sunday, July 09, 2006

Back in the saddle

After returning from a week's vacation on Cape Cod (and a self-imposed hiatus from the internet), I was quite heartened to see several new posts on BCC Weblog. As some of you know, my original vision for this blog was a community site for the club where many members would post occasionally on chess related topics of interest to them. While this idea never really came to fruition, there are a few members who do post intermittently. My thanks to Bob and Jason for keeping the content fresh while I was gone (even though I never told them I was going away). Thanks also to Ken Ho who joined our post parade recently; I'm looking forward to reading more from him in the future.

While I was gone, one or two more Knights Errant appeared (depending on who you read). I added Dr. Munky to the list of Knights, but placed Square One Chess on the sidebar despite The Hungarian Knight's announcement (since it's not totally clear from his posts if he wants to join the group -- of course, he is more than welcome to).

One last comment which relates to measuring the size of the chess blogosphere -- I returned to almost 300 chess blog posts in Bloglines. Guess I've got some reading ahead of me.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

No comments: