Monday, October 20, 2008

David Vigorito on his Boylston Chess Club plans

We asked the candidates for Boylston Chess Foundation President for their plans for the club if they were elected. Here are David Vigorito's thoughts and background. Any formatting errors are my fault.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Since returning to New England after ten years in Nevada two and a half years ago, I have been an active participant in BCF events. I have enjoyed playing at the club and deeply appreciate the efforts of the many volunteers who keep the club running smoothly. However, there is always room for improvement and I believe I can help make the club an even better place. I am moving to Somerville and look forward to being able to spend more time at our club. Besides my chess experience, I have an extensive background in sales and marketing that would be beneficial to the club. My main priorities are:

--Working towards increasing coverage of BCF events (tournament reports, news, etc) on the BCF website and blog

--Increasing advertising for BCF tournaments, camps, lectures, and special events

--Improving the financial health of the club – fiscal responsibility and exploration of grants, fundraising, and tournament revenues

--Keeping the club clean and attractive – avoiding the TD room "cafeteria" and raising funds for better chairs in the playing room

--Improving the prestige of the club - incorporating the points above and hosting stronger events

IM David Vigorito
2007 Boylston Chess Club Champion

No comments: