Thursday, February 17, 2011

Registering to Vote Requirement for the 2011 USCF Executive Board Elections

You are receiving this email as you are an affiliate of the US Chess Federation and I am requesting from you a call to action to assist in a very important matter facing the USCF membership community.

This year in order for members to vote, members MUST register, or their voice will be lost in the election. This new rule was approved at the 2010 Delegates meeting. No Vote, No Voice!

I am requesting that you forward this email to your chess email lists, post the content on your websites, make Twitter and Facebook posts - anything to get the word out.

Normally there are over 35,000 voting members that would receive ballots. So far only 1216 people have registered to vote! Voters must be 16 years of age or older to register. Remember family memberships are entitled to vote for anyone that is 16 or older in that family membership!

To register to vote, members will need their USCF ID, Date of Birth, and their PIN number. Their PIN number can be found on their Chess Life mailing label or on their TLA Newsletter. Once this information is handy visit this website - https://secure2.uschess.org/voter-registration.php<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=q8rqb6bab&et=1104543581315&s=3067&e=001fb7NoTyBTCA0Ik40XYTHgVCX216DaSdCWi7E-jCFzzFxj-DWsGcJrcCkp0iczrJ6hoUYHsBia7f18_SZVlu2l0aoUXjUOP8O5ZhpM2FHGG0QDbjyBlMHIA-Rrir0ZYIW2uixIjVeO4f3QBax4274XQ==> and they will be able to register to vote.


_________

For those of you that do not know me, I am Sevan A. Muradian. I am a candidate in the 2011 USCF Executive Board Elections.

You can follow my campaign at http://www.youruscf.com<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=q8rqb6bab&et=1104543581315&s=3067&e=001fb7NoTyBTCCq6qTiYcu-TM-JWRcMJ7nTYg9le6Bkp4p-dxQZkeWMkXv_VPvbEjiDg5gGL2d3PASSNdjzBOqGVKmxsPgrhIWF9bdG1XIBTbI=> .

The website is operational and there is a feature to sign-up to automatically be notified of new content.

I urge you to visit the website and communicate it out to your chess network

1 comment:

David Glickman said...

I became aware of this registration requirement recently and did register myself. However, I must say that I don't really understand the rationale for this new policy. Knowing the nature of USCF politics over the years, I imagine that the powers that be are trying to disenfranchise some group of members -- just beats the heck out of me who (and why).