Monday, July 06, 2015

Annual Appeal

Annual appeal


Dear Friend,  





I started playing at the Boylston Chess Club after I picked up the game of chess four years ago. When I first started playing in the club, it felt like I was the only kid who played regularly. It seemed like there weren’t any chess clubs in Massachusetts for children my age.

Today, the Boylston is a favorite place for chess kids. You see a lot of children playing in Saturday tournaments, and the club has expanded to also include Sunday scholastic tournaments.

The Boylston even has chess camps  during school breaks. I attended one of these camps only a month after I started  playing in rated tournaments, and also enjoyed the free after school chess  lessons the club has offered!

Thanks to the dedication of many  volunteers, more schoolchildren are  being attracted to this wonderful game. Playing in Saturday tournaments is one of my favorite things to do. I get to play this royal game, and also socialize  intellectually with other kids.

Chess is not only fun, but it helps us grow. It gives children an opportunity to exercise their brains and develop logical reasoning, rather than spending all of their spare time playing video games. Which will they choose? I think their future depends on you. In fact, the future of chess depends on you! The club relies on your donations to survive, and we need your help to support this wonderful game. With your help, I can see the future: I see a lot of future grandmasters playing in the club!  Come and meet them there.

I have a dream. When I visited St Louis scholastic chess club this March, I started this dream. I hope we will have a wonderful scholastic chess club in Boston. Is it just a dream? It all depends on you. Please make a donation today of $15, $25, $50, $100, $500, $1000 or whatever you can afford.  Because we are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, all donations are tax-deductible.

I look forward to seeing you on Saturdays, and thank you for your generous donation! 


   
Please accept my check to support the programs and services of the    
Boylston Chess Foundation.

Contribution:

_____$25  
_____$50
_____$100  
_____$250  
_____$500  
_____$1,000  
_____$2,000  
_____$_______other


Membership:      (If you would like to join or rejoin the BCF, please see appropriate amount below.)
Membership type and fee

Regular adult………………….....$__________
($150 /year;   $84 /six months)

Junior………………………..……$__________
(Under 18; $120 /year; $67 /six months)

Senior adult…………………..……$__________
(65+; $120 /year; $67 /six months)

Family ……...................................$__________
(Parents and children in a single household; $180 /year; $100 /six months)


Total:                  $ _________________


Name: ___________________________
Address: _________________________
City: ______________________________
State: _________ZIP: ___

Home phone: ___________________
Work phone: ___________________

E-mail address:__________________

USCF Id #: _____________________

School or college: ________________
Year of birth if scholastic: __________



Please make your check payable to
“Boylston Chess” and mail to

Boylston Chess Foundation
40 Norris St  Suite  B101
Cambridge, MA  02140

Or use PayPal on the Boylston website


 A receipt and our federal tax ID number will be sent to you with our thank you note. (Please note that membership dues are not tax deductible.)








No comments: