Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Boylston Chess: Fathers Day Open report

banner:  Tony Cortizas,Jr.



BCF Father's Day Open - 06-15-2019

.

.
Bay State Chess Kings Facebook Group


Photos by Nick Sterling
.
.



Fellow BCF players,

As you'll see in my other Album on the Scholastics, Father's Day weekend provided an impressive one-two attendance punch for BCF, with 76 players participating in the two events combined. 38 players appeared on Saturday, among whom were Nicholas Belous who took the Open Section and visitor Mason Korb who took the U1900 Section.

I had my own gratifying experience with SIde Games, successfully raising my Rating 29 points after a really challenging Round 3 game. When a TD gets to play AND direct and succeed at doing both, it's double the rapture.


.

Winners:

Open:

1st: Nicholas Belous
2nd (tied): Bernie Xu, Nithin Kavi, Tianna Wang

U1900:

1st: Mason Korb
2nd (tied): Jericho Carlson, Calvin Hori

I look forward to seeing many of you back at the end of the month (LOC Tal), and I hope also many of you will join the Boston Elite weekend event overseen by Yi Wang. See you over the board.

Nicholas P. Sterling, Ph.D.
BCF, Local TD








No comments: