Thursday, November 16, 2006

And now for something completely different

To be honest, now that my listings of chess blogs are hovering around 400, it is fairly uncommon that I come across one that is truly unique. I love a new chess improvement blog as much as the next guy but at this point I pretty much know how the story is going to go. Therefore, I was quite interested to come across a chess blog which really is something different. Semyon Gelfer has posted his Chess Stamps and Envelopes Collection which includes the autographs of Lasker, Capablanca, Euwe, Botvinnik, Smyslov, Tal and several others.
*****
I've added about twenty chess blogs to the listings over the past few days. Fans of The 64 Square Jungle may want to check out Scholastic Chess Gateway written by ChessCafe Scholastic Columnist Steve Goldberg. There is also a new training blog from Down Under (Improve Your Chess!), yet another blog from a member of our neighbor the Metrowest Chess Club (Strong Among the Weak), and of course, several new chess improvement blogs.

Francophiles will notice eight new listings in the French chess blogs category including one who looks to be trying to capitalize on Dennis Monokroussos' departure from the 'sphere. Hopefully this will compensate to some extent for the large number of non-English chess blogs that were recently moved to the Inactive listings, including former sidebar residents Duveltje's Schaakweb, Der Schachneurotiker, and Sjakkforum (although now that I'm thinking about it, there really is no reason to believe that readers of Dutch, German or Norwegian chess blogs have any particular interest in French ones).
*****
I came across a blog I was hoping I would get to list but unfortunately it's not about chess. Nevertheless, it does have a good title -- The Coffee & Chess Guy.

No comments: