Tuesday, November 28, 2017

TD Nick Sterling's report on and photos of the Greg Hager Memorial


Banner:  Tony Cortizas, Jr.


Greg Hager Memorial 

by Nicholas Sterling

Fellow BCF players,

BCF enthusiastically thanks the mother of the late Greg Hager for the beautiful and tasty gift basket she donated for the memorial event for her son (final photo).

This massive five-round three-day event was a great pleasure for me to direct, and I thank Jared and Joaquin Carlson for covering me on the Friday night when I could not come (I was at my 30th high school reunion that night).

Yue Huang played impressively to score a perfect 5-0 game in the U2000 Section. Enthusiastic congratulations.


Winners:
Open
1st Place: Logan Boucher
2nd Place (tied): Tony Wang, Leo Bonnell, Jerry Li, Frank Prestia
U2000
1st Place: Yue Huang
2nd Place: David Martin


I'll be back to direct the Legends of Chess: Rubinstein tournament on 12/9/17. See you all over the board.

Nicholas P. Sterling, Ph.D.

Nick Sterling     Photo:  Tony Cortizas, Jr.

BCF TD, enthusiastic and ready to serve

No comments: